Annual EC Strategic Foresight Report 2020Date: 28 September 2020
The 2020 European Commissions' Strategic Foresight Report shows that action-driven strategic foresight is uniquely suited to inform decision-makers to drive the twin transitions and strengthen the EU’s resilience. See also the video message of the Vice President of the EC, Maros Šefčovič.Strategic foresight can inform resilience-enhancing policies across four dimensions. It can help anticipate developments likely to have adverse impacts, to strengthen corresponding resilience through structural changes as well as taking into account the impact of current and future crises on relevant megatrends and emerging issues.
The report includes Key Findings on the following topics:
- Social and economic resilience
- Geopolitical resilience
- Green resilience
- Digital resilience
- Prototype resilience dashboards as an example of a way of monitoring resilience.
- Commission Strategic Foresight Agenda, supporting overarching political priorities.
- Annual ESPAS conference planned for November 2020.
- Foresight scenarios to inform future policy debate, to ensure coherence across policies, and to serve as a shared, forward‑looking framework for policy proposals.
More information: Visit website Back to overview