ExpertiseAvesta Battery & Energy Engineering (ABEE) Group is a dynamic engineering company, established in January 2019 based on the expertise and competences of several experts from different countries that were committed to support the European battery value chain.
ABEE is active in the field of conventional lithium-ion, advanced lithium-ion and solid-state batteries and recycling of batteries:
- Battery material processing,
- Coating technologies and in particular for lithium metal in solid state technology,
- Upscaling technologies,
- Interface optimization
- Advanced characterization and testing
- Safety analysis
- Cell design and prototyping up to 20Ah in pouch and hard prismatic formats
- Advanced multiscale modeling,
- Thermal management components development such as cooling plates,
- Module and battery pack design and prototyping,
- Battery pack manufacturing,
- Lithium ion battery recycling.
The R&D activities of ABEE are between TRL 3-9 and are related to the automotive and stationary applications.
In addition, ABEE daughter company called ‘Modern Development Technologies Co’ in Jedda, Saudi Arabia, is supporting the industry with all
ABEE has state of the art battery manufacturing infrastructures (up to 20Ah cells) and battery system design platforms. In this regard, ABEE has the state of the art electrode processing pilot line for advanced Li-ion, solid state batteries (oxide and sulfide) and innovative solutions for LiM coating. ABEE pilot line is integrated within an unique dry room of 215m2 with dew point at -60°C. Further, ABEE has extensive knowledge and expertise in the field of artificial intelligence techniques and state estimations for batteries.
As an engineering company active in the value chain of the battery, ABEE is member of EMIRI (Energy Material Industrial Research Initiative), AGORIA Belgium and soon it will become member of European Battery Alliance.
Participation in EU Projects and International ActivitiesIn terms of EU research is already involved in the following projects:
- Longrun (LC-GV-04-2019)
- CofBAT (LC-BAT-02-2019)
- LiPlanet (LC-BAT-07-2020)
- Seabat (LC-BAT-11-2020)
- Defacto (LC-BAT-6-2019)
- Safelimove (LC-BAT-1-2019)
- Sublime (LC-BAT-1-2019)
- Sensibat (LC-BAT-13-2020)
- 3Believe (LC-BAT-5-2019)